The MediaTek Helio X30 brings together MediaTek’s 10-core, Tri-Cluster architecture on its first 10nm chipset—the most advanced fabrication technology in the market—to deliver more than 50 percent power savings and a 35 percent increase in performance from MediaTek’s previous generation chipset.
“We’re asking our smartphones to do more than ever. MediaTek designs smart chipsets that deliver exactly what the device and user need, on demand and when they need it,” said Jeffrey Ju, Executive Vice President and Co-COO of MediaTek. “MediaTek’s Helio X30 fuses together state-of-the-art processing architecture, fabrication and connectivity to provide an unparalleled mobile experience. This powerhouse chipset is another example of our vision to bring premium mobile experiences to life.”
MediaTek introduced its first Helio chipset at Mobile World congress in 2015. The MediaTek Helio X30 represents improvements in all aspects of the MediaTek Helio platform. The chip’s full-featured design and architecture includes:
- 10nm, 10-Core, Tri-Cluster architecture built for extreme performance: two ARM Cortex-A73 at 2.5 GHz, four ARM Cortex-A53 at 2.2 GHz and four ARM Cortex-A35 at 1.9 GHz.
- LTE WorldMode Cat.10 modem fulfils smartphone users’ need for speed with seamless connectivity, supporting for three downlink Carrier Aggregation (3CA) and two uplink Carrier Aggregation (2CA) for high volume content streaming.
- Imagination PowerVR Series7XT Plus clocked at 800MHz, is a tailored GPU for MediaTek Helio X30. It offers power savings up to 60 percent while increasing performance by up to 2.4 times compared to its pervious platform.
- Built in multimedia features deliver next-generation experiences. And it’s the industry’s first mobile SoC to bring a power-efficient, hardware based 4K2K 10-bit HDR10 video decoding to smartphones. The camera zoom feature offers 2x optical zoom in a super slim form factor.
Sustained processing power
Incorporating MediaTek’s newest version of CorePilot 4.0 technology and Tri-Cluster architecture, MediaTek Helio X30 delivers a variety of resource configurations and intelligently directs optimal power where and when its needed across multiple processing cores.
CorePilot 4.0 incorporates intelligent task scheduling system, thermal management and user experience monitoring systems. This combination can predict an individual’s power usage scenario on the device and prioritize which application is most critical at that point in time to control power consumption. This translates to longer device battery life and stronger performance that makes the most of the Helio X30’s 10-core architecture.
A multimedia powerhouse
MediaTek Helio X30 is a multimedia powerhouse that supports major commercial Virtual Reality SDKs. MediaTek Helio X30 also incorporates two 14-bit image signal processors (ISPs) supporting 16+16MP dual cameras, delivering advanced functionality such as wide + tele zoom combination lenses for real-time depth of field effects, fast auto exposure and real-time de-noise in low-light condition features.
Smartphones powered by MediaTek Helio X30 enjoy crisp images at high zoom ratios thanks to proprietary ClearZoom and Temporal Noise Reduction (TNR) technologies. ClearZoom ensures signal fidelity while TNR reduces video temporal noise and preserves image details.
MediaTek Helio X30 also has a new a built-in Vision Processing Unit (VPU) paired with MediaTek’s Imagiq 2.0 image signal processor technology. The combination provides a dedicated processing platform for numerous camera features, which frees up the CPU and GPU saving power. More importantly, it provides programmability and flexibility for phone makers to customize camera features.
MediaTek Helio X30
Ground-breaking, sustainable performance that delivers an unparalleled user experience
MediaTek’s Helio X30 is among the first wave of 10nm smartphone chipsets that will be available to the market, and the only smartphone SoC to use 10 nanometer (nm) fabrication in creation of 10 cored (Deca-core) smartphone with 4G LTE-Advanced WorldMode modem that uses 3x Carrier Aggregation with performance of 450MBit/s. Taken together, this technology triumvirate gives manufacturers greater flexibility in designing halo smartphones that provide an outstanding, high endurance user experience.
- Featuring a unique 10-core design over three clusters: dual-core ARM Cortex-A73 up to 2.5GHz, quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 up to 2.2GHz and quad-core ARM Cortex A35 up to 1.9GHz.
- MediaTek Helio X30 increases performance by up to 35% and saves power by up to 50% over the MediaTek Helio X20.
CorePilot 4.0 with Centralized, Intelligent Task Scheduling, Thermal Management and UX Monitoring
- MediaTek’s most power and processing efficient smartphone SoC ever.
- Focus on long-term sustainable performance without throttling. Sophisticated
thermal management system that ensures the smartphone is always delivering optimum performance within its available thermal envelope.
- System Power Allocator (SPA) intelligently predicts a user’s power usage scenario and prioritizes the applications that are most critical to user experience. These have priority to control power consumption and system performance.
- Leading edge 10nm fabrication by TSMC increases performance by up to 22% and saves power by up to 40% versus 16nm generation products.
3x Carrier Aggregation, 4G LTE-Advanced WorldMode Modem
- The 450MBit/s with 3x Carrier Aggregation downstream and 150Mbit/s with 2x Carrier Aggregation upstream for high volume content streaming and reliable connectivity. Category 10 4G LTE-Advanced WorldMode modem features new ETM 2.0 and TAS 2.0 technologies that saves battery power in everyday use by up to 35%, and up to 45% on multimedia specific scenarios.
- Two 14-bit ISPs supporting 16+16MP dual camera functionality allows such as wide + tele zoom combination lenses allow real-time depth of field effects, fastest auto exposure, improved real-time denoise in low-light conditions.
Vision Processing Unit
- New Vision Processing Unit (VPU) paired to the Image Signal Processors (ISP) that provides a dedicated processing platform for numerous camera features, freeing up the CPU and GPU and saving power. Key advantages include:
- Programmability and Flexibility: The VPU provides a platform that allows brands the ability to customize camera functionality and drive product differentiation.
- Huge Power Reduction: The VPU is a dedicated camera-assisting hardware unit it has the ability to perform real-time processing functions, that were typically assigned to CPU or GPU, with only 1/10th power usage.
- Performance Boost: The VPU can still be used in isolation or as part of a team with the CPU/GPU, employing heterogeneous computing on same memory subsystem for advanced system or multi-application/function tasks.
4K HDR Video
- World’s first mobile SoC to bring a power efficient, hardware-based HDR cinema viewing experience to mobile devices.
- 4K HDR10 standard offers a dynamic range of up to 10,000 nits. Paired with the latest, premium display technologies yields a never-seen-before quality and a true-to-life viewing experience.
- Imagiq’s Dual Camera Zoom offers 2x optical zoom in a super slim form factor.
- ClearZoom and Temporal Noise Reduction (TNR) technologies enable a sharp, crisp digital zoom up to 10x magnification.
- Works for both video and photography.
Miravision EnergySmart Screen
- MiraVision™ EnergySmart Screen is MediaTek’s advanced power saving technology for mobile displays, reducing power consumption (up to 10% of device’s total power or up to 25% of panel power, depending on brightness) while preserving viewing experience.
- Never miss a ‘spur of the moment’ scene with MediaTek Instant Auto Exposure (AE). The dedicated Camera Control Unit (CCU) hardware delivers considerably faster, automatic exposure adjustment when environmental lighting conditions change suddenly. AE convergence speed is up to twice as fast as competitive auto exposure performance.
Up to 8GB LPDDR4X
- 4×16-bit LPDDR4X 1866MHz memory is up to 50% more power efficient than previous generation LPDDR3, while also delivering up to 50% more performance.
Unique GPU Design: Deep MediaTek-Imagination Co-operation
- The fully customized IMG PowerVR 7XTP-MP4 @ 800MHz is designed for lowest power usage while still delivering incredible performance. It saves up to 60% power versus while increasing performance by up to 2.4 times compared to the Helio X20.
- Access to MediaTek’s deep learning SDK featuring support for Caffe and Google’s TensorFlow frameworks, opening up the latest in machine intelligence to developers.